Friday 17 July 2009

What is Roleplay? Episode One

I think Blood Elves must spend a lot of time on their hairstyles. When honest adventurers are out earning a living, these vain creatures are sitting in front of ornate mirrors with a fist full of hair gel.

I’m watching one right now, trying to determine it’s gender while I get ready to fire a well aimed arrow into it’s ear. He or she hasn’t spotted me yet, but in a few moments we’ll be engaged in a life or death struggle and only one of us will be walking away with dignity intact. I’m in a mean mood today.

They are almost far enough from the local guards for me to take my first shot, when some shouting breaks my focus.

General Channel: DOES ANYONE RP ON THIS SERVER ANYMORE!!

Suddenly I am no longer in the forest. I am sitting in front of a computer playing a game. Thanks very much.

2 comments:

  1. Haha,nice ending. :)

    I've never been in rp, so I was always sitting behind a computer. :/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah I love how you capture the feeling and atmosphere of true RPing here. (before the rude interruption ofc)

    TY for this. It reminded me of so many good times that I've had rather than focusing on all these bad experiences that you get with other players that I tend to focus on too often...

    I would like to let you on a little secret of mine, you can ignore all channels! (just click on settings in the chat pane and de-select all the chat channels that you wish to not listen to anymore!) - this may or may not help but its worth sharing

    ReplyDelete